- Not applying soon enough and months of eligibility can be lost.
- Missing the 60-day appeal deadline.
- Accepting a later onset date that reduces the award of back benefits.
- Not responding to requests from Social Security for information.
- Not making sure that all your medical information is in your file.
- Not keeping track of the status of your claim.
- Not requesting a prior application be reopened.
- Not going for regular treatment for your medical conditions.
Any of these mistakes can result in your claim being denied. Some of these mistakes can be remedied and attorneys at Martone Law Firm can help explain your rights and advocate for the right result.